Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Princess of the Flies


I had this dream last night:

I was parked in a residential neighborhood with someone I knew (I can't remember who). We watched as a little girl, looking to be around 10 years old, walked up to a van parked near our own car. She had long, straight, dark hair and wore a long dress and overcoat with knee highs. I could barely make out her face.

She carried a gun, hanging low by her side. It looked too big for her hands.

Then I could see her from right behind her shoulder like I was a bird perched there. She opened one of the back sliding doors of the van and inside was a young man. He was studying an anatomy book.

The little girl shot him in his left eye.

Back to the car. We had already started driving out of the neighborhood before hearing the shot. When it was fired, my companion said we should turn around and find out what was going on. Knowing full well what had gone on (since apparently I'm Scatman Crothers in my dreams. In my dreams is right), I yelled no, trying to convince my buddy that was the last place we needed to be.

I eventually won out.

Later, we watched the news for word on the tot killing spree. The police had arrived too late to catch her, but the biopsy indicated that the corpse had been sexually violated, presumably by the little girl.

Should probably stop watching "Dexter" before going to bed.